List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: formula is absolutely small
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-06-28 19:44:48

On Thursday 28 June 2001 22:34, Stephan Hachinger wrote:
> Hello!
>
> kword version: about June 25th, 2001.
>
> I've inserted a formula into a document, but the characters are really small
> (a little smaller than arial 12), and even smaller when printing (about
> 1mm). This wasn't the case in the last kword versions I had compiled. If I
> make the formula frame bigger, the formula characters aren't resized.

Are you using font anti-aliasing ? In this case, make sure to upgrade to Qt 2.3.1.
Qt 2.3.0 had a very nasty bug in font metrics (which, strangely enough, seemed
to affect only kformula).
If it's not that, then I don't know. Maybe Ulrich will.

> Another thing... I think it would be good if one could also choose between
> "inline"/"not inline" when inserting a formula and not only when inserting a
> picture.

Really ? I thought all formulas would be inline (isn't it very annoying to have
a fixed frame, that doesn't go down if you add a paragraph before it) ?
Note that you can toggle this after inserting the formula, in any case, using
the frame dialog... I just assumed that most people would use inline formulas,
and if you really want a non-inline one somewhere you can unset the inline checkbox.