List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: suggestion
From:       Cristian Tibirna <tibirna () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-28 2:13:51

NOTE for the KDE developers:
I forward these to some of the KDE development mailing lists, as I think the
ideas are interesting. (Adding a userland font directory and fixing the use
of the previously attempted xset fp config at startup could help a lot, if
combined with a nice font installing dialog in KControl; putting an envelope
template in KWord should be kid's play)

Hello John

Both issues you come up with here are weaknesses we are aware of.

While the lack of fonts is really an affair of how good is the distribution
you use, installing new fonts remains a thing that has to be done by the
administrator on the system right now (as opposed to the daily user) and
requires a bit of deep knowledge of the XWindow system that performs the
graphical display in Linux. For the moment, KDE itself can do very little
about.

When it comes to the envelope templates, KWord, the KDE word processor, is
still very young but it's rapidly evolving. I know that right now there is no
envelope template, but there will be more work on this aspect of the KWord
useability once the application's development will enter a stable phase.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

--
Cristian Tibirna .. tibirna@sympatico.ca
PhD Student .. ctibirna@giref.ulaval.ca .. www.giref.ulaval.ca/~ctibirna