List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kpresenter suggestion (here: Howto download this into KPresenter)
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-06-27 11:37:44

On Dienstag, 26. Juni 2001 18:59 Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:

> Why oh why is it impossible to drag an URL in KMail to KPresenter to open
> the document?

dunno, ask the KPresenter developer :) Hmm, I remember a discussion about
some "drop-zone" in the tool- or menubar, to open new files. Never got
implemented tho.

> Why oh why are there so much useless short view modes in the fileselector
> box, if you have filenames like "snapshot001" to "snapshot010" or
> "Presentaton Toronto part1" (Tip: all my snapshots are viewed as
> "snapshot0...")?

Yes, I know this sucks. QIconView should have a mode to set the raster
dynamically. I'll talk to Reggie about this. Otherwise, we might be able to
add this to KIconView.

> Why oh why am I not smart enough to use this fileselector box?

That I can't tell :) You could use the Detailed view, which doesn't cut off
the filenames.

> Oh Christian (I think he is our fileselector box man)
> p l e a s e  add something like RiscOS loading and saving - it is so much
> sweater. You will be my eternal hero :-)

I'm not Christian, but I guess I'm the fileselector box man ;) The RiscOS
idea was the DND thing? I don't know RiscOS....

Cheers
Carsten Pfeiffer