List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: "Keep together with X pt" (Re: Fwd: koffice/qt3stuff)
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-06-18 18:57:24

On Sun, Jun 17, 2001 at 10:38:19PM +0100, Samuel Penn wrote:
> On Sunday 17 June 2001 20:55, David Faure wrote:
> > On Sunday 17 June 2001 18:52, Samuel Penn wrote:
> > > Checking things, yes linespacing is available, but as Thomas says,
> > > it can only be specified in mm.
> >
> > Not anymore. You can now specify "1.5 lines" and "double spacing".
> > As Thomas suggested, this could be generalized into anything proportional
> > to the line height.
>
> Yes, noticed that in the code. How difficult would it be to specify it in
> points? Likewise for space before/after paragraphs.
>
> If I want a blank line between paragraphs, I don't want to have to sit
> down and work out how many mm 12pt (or whatever) is, and I need to be
> able to specify *exactly* one line. Again, it all comes down to wanting
> two columns of text to be vertically aligned on every line.

We discussed this (david and me) before, and we agreed that having different
fonts on one line or a bigger font somewhere should not be the character
to decide the line height. The line height should always come from the
style. (as long as the 'bigger' chars fits, naturally).

So your question is not needed, if you just allow percentile sizes and
use the correct font size. You are save..
Use a 120% size and both cols should flow the way you want. Even with
slightly bigger fonts or superscript etc.

I don't know if this is implemented yet, but thats the idea.