List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Help With Project
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-06-11 19:23:07

On Monday 11 June 2001 21:24, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Sunday 10 June 2001 22:51, Richard Bos wrote:
> > Hi Robin _and_ koffice web administrators,
>
> <snip>
>
> > To the kde project web administrators: is it possible to get space at the
> > koffice web server to described the kproject project (it's a planning tool
> > that is obvious).  Would the url www.koffice.org/kproject be possible?
> > As the web pages are secured with acl, I wunder how much is possible?
>
> Hmm, the koffice webpages are for koffice projects, and I think kproject is
> more a project for kde-pim (personal information management)
>
> If I am wrong, please confince me ;)

I'll try ;-)
As a former project manager, I had to create project plannings
(with ms project). This is an activity one does alone, much like editing
a word-processing document or a spreadsheet. It has not much to do with
PIM and interacting with other people etc. Of the course the actual project
is about other people, but the creation of the planning itself isn't.

> Anyway, the power of koffice is that everything works together, using the
> koffice-libs, I wonder if this framework has any meaning for a project like
> kproject.
IMHO it makes much sense to have kproject as a koffice part, so that one can
embed a project outline in a KWord document.

> Also all the projects are in KDE-CVS, which might be a problem
> for you..
?
The idea is to start kproject in CVS, I've been told :)