List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: helping out
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2001-06-02 20:47:05

On Saturday,  2. June 2001 13:56, Richard Bos wrote:
> Nicolas,
>
> now you're on it, there is something else in the export mode which I don't
> like to much tho it is maybe correct.
>
> When formatting lines like the underneath kword:
>
> this is line 1
> and this is the second
> and sofort
> let's stop here
>
> It's being exported as 4 paragraphs, which seems to be correct from kword's
> point of view.  Never the less, I would like it to be exported with a <br>
> at the end of line.  As the paragraph way of exporting gives an extra empty
> line between the lines when viewed from the html file (looking ugly).  Is
> the <br> usage possible, or should the above be put into a list to prevent
> the empty lines??

Like Shaheed, I am not in favour for using <br> tags as export of the end of
a KWord paragraph. <br> is stated in the HTML 4.01 Specification as a forced
line break, not as an end of paragraph.

However, I am in favour of adding the feature of forced line breaks in
KWord., as many file formats support them (for example, HTML, AbiWord, MS
Word and Rich Text Format.) The forced line breaks could then be transformed
in <br> tags.

Just a parenthesis: AbiWord (and also MS Word if I recall well) have
additionally a forced column break and a forced page break (also to an odd
page or to an even page). I think it would be also interesting to have those
features in KWord too.

> (...)

Have a nice day/evening/night!