List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Objects (images, parts, etc) become mis-aligned when printing
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-06-01 18:37:18

On Friday 01 June 2001 21:23, Chris Howells wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been having a play around with KWord (yesterday's CVS), and
> impressed with the new frame seclection/resizing behaviour. However...
>
> KWord doesn't seem to do a very good job of being able to print things
> in the same way that they appear on the page.
>
> I've put a sample file here
> http://chrishowells.co.uk/stuff/kwordtest.kwd (slightly too big to
> e-mail).
>
> It looks fine on screen.

Hmm, it doesn't really look fine on screen here...
The embedded object is bigger than the available page width (it goes into the margins).

> However when I print it, the bottom stuff on
> the page (the killustrator embedded object) is shunted of the page.

KIllustrator doesn't support zooming in paintContent (no app except KWord
currently does...) so this leads to problems. I deactivated "zoom when printing"
for that reason, but this still means that you get wrong results on screen
at zooms other than 100%. Were you using another zoom when you looked on screen ?