List:       koffice
Subject:    Open Request to KDE and Gnome for plugin support
From:       Richard Bos <allabos () freeler ! nl>
Date:       2001-05-31 14:51:15

2 weeks ago an open request was made by a company called Bynari for plugin
support plugin support.  If this plugin support is available kde application
could be used in to operate with MS outlook.  I assume that this would make
the acceptance of kde in a corporate environment easier.
I didn't see this request discussed, so maybe it was missed, not interesting,
or too commercial?

Please find a summary of the open request underneath.

May 17, 2001 - Dallas, TX - Today, Bynari Inc. anounced its initiative to
assist in extending functionality in the KDE and Gnome teams' groupware
products for messaging and collaboration. Bynari's functionality for
interoperability between Linux and UNIX desktops and Outlook provides plug
compatible support.

Bynari's Insight client allows Linux and UNIX workstations to peer directly
in an Exchange enterprize without the need for proxies. Bynari wrote modular
componets which provide Outlook interoperabiliy in anticipation of working
with OpenOffice and KDE's mail, addressbooks and calendars.

"If the Linux desktop teams will provide for plugin support," says Bynari's
Insight team leaders, "we can provide the plugins. That can only help Linux
gain market share."

http://linuxpr.com/releases/3719.html

--
Richard Bos
For those who have no (/)home the journey is endless