List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kword - images - intended behaviour?
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-05-28 12:40:55

On Monday 28 May 2001 13:15, jowenn@kde.org wrote:
> Hi
>
> KWord (cvs)
>
> I have a page with one table on it, than I place
> an image frame partyl over the table. After that
> I add another image (png) which has transparent
> areas, overlapping the table and the first image.

Am I right that the table is unrelated to the bug ?
If you put the two images overlapping one another, without any table,
the problem happens as well, right ?

> (I hope my ascii work isn't broken by my webmail)

It isn't, but with proportional fonts it's all very scambled :)
After pasting into vi it becomes readable ;-)

>          ##########################
> /////////###--------###############
> /////////###++++++++###############
> ////////////++++++++///
> ////////////++++++++///
>
> /// Table
> ### Image 1
> +++ image with transparent areas (----)

You said you inserted them in that order, right ?
In that case, the 2nd image should always be drawn last.....

> While workind in kwrite the transparent areas of
You mean KWord I suppose ? :)

> image 2 show me the table instead of the 1. image
>          ##########################
> /////////###////////###############
> /////////###++++++++###############
> ////////////++++++++///
> ////////////++++++++///
> instead of
>          ##########################
>

> If I select Print preview, the transparent parts
> of the second image are just white, not showing
> anything, which is below it.

Ok. Well, I didn't even know that transparent images were supported ;-)
I don't think I have any, either. Can you send me a test document ?
(as simple as possible, so if the bug exists without the table, please remove it :)