List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Some Kword Problems
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-05-27 9:49:46

On Tuesday 22 May 2001 11:42, Michael Ansley \(UK\) wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> I would like to contribute templates, which I think that KWord, in
> particular, is lacking.  I have started creating some

I just committed (yesterday) the "create a preview pixmap" feature for templates,
so you may want to re-create them, to get a better icon for them.

Sending them to us, as Thomas said :)

> Also, I would like to edit documentation, but I can't find any in my working
> directory.

The docs are part of koffice, see koffice/doc/

> Is there a separate CVS project for the documentation?
No.

> Where can I find it?  Is the docs source in SGML or somthing similar?

They were in SGML (docbook) and they are now being converted to XML.

Due to this, the docs may not be in the binary packages for the koffice-1.1 betas,
or if they are, they may not be the latest ones
Basically, the docs in CVS are now XML, but since koffice has to work with kdelibs-2.1,
I had to revert to the last SGML docs so that they would "compile" and be viewable
with kdelibs-2.1.
When KOffice can rely on kdelibs-2.2 (i.e. after kdelibs-2.2-final is out), then this
problem will be solved.

In any case, if you want to contribute to KWord's (or any other app's) documentation,
please contact Mike McBride <mpmcbride@email.com>

Thanks !