List:       koffice
Subject:    RTF Filter
From:       David Levitan <david () dlevitan ! com>
Date:       2001-05-16 15:02:54

Hi,
I haven't been here for a while (too many things to do and too little
time), but it appears that I have some more time now, so maybe I'll pull
my RTF filter out of the junk pile and get it working. But first, a few
quick questions:
1) What is the state of any RTF import filters in CVS (or anywhere else)?
In other words, is it worth it for me to finish my filter off?
2) If yes on the previous question, is the Kword format changing between
1.0, 1.1, and the next version? And if so, for which one should I write
the filter?

Just to let you know, the status of my filter is the following: except for
the lack of KDE integration or Kword support, the RTF part of it is
working decently. That means that it actually process 1/2 of the RTF files
I throw at it (The simpler the better) and (currently) spits them out as
HTML. Following Kword/KDE integration (that's a seperate, not too
difficult part), it would classify (I guess) as a beta filter. After that
and a lot of debugging to get it 100% stable, it should be done. Now,
assuming I can actually force myself to do this (I'm rather lazy in
general :), I may actually get this done soon. We'll see.
Anyway, thanks for any responses I get.

--
David Levitan
LIS