List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: problems compiling beta1 on debian
From:       Ben Burton <benb () acm ! org>
Date:       2001-04-30 19:41:49

> I've tried to compile the new beta1 on my mixed debian stable/testing
> distribution. But the scripts for compiling and creating debian packages
> seem to "forget" to compile libqt3stuff and libkoml, or maybe they still
> want to package those files although they aren't compiled/needed anymore (I
> think this applies to libkoml). Has anybody got similar problems and can
> help me? I also tried to apply cvs.patch in the debian directory, but this
> patch failed.

Hi.  As the koffice debian maintainer, I hope I can help. :)  The files in
debian/ for koffice-1.1-beta1 are the files that were used to package a cvs
shapshot from April 4.  Since then many things have moved and changed; I was
concentrating on getting the problems ironed out from the beta1 packages
before doing a commit, at which point hopefully the beta2 and final releases
will be much smoother.

I have just committed all the changes thus far; what you will see now in the
CVS is what was used to create the koffice-1.1-beta1-1 packages that have
just now hit the FTP servers (it took a week because of the
addition/reincarnation of package kformula, which requires the FTP admins to
edit the package listing).

Nevertheless, please be aware that more changes are happening, in particular
wrt getting the HTML docs into the packages, cleaning up miscellaneous stuff
and hopefully getting the kivio connector tool working should a solution
surface.

Furthermore, this is all for the unstable debian branch.  Porting the
packaging to potato/stable is causing a fair amount of hassle.  We're all
working on this issue for a variety of KDE packages; I'll post again with
further details when available.

Btw, why are you compiling your own debian packages?  Why not use the
prebuilt ones from ftp.debian.org (unstable) or kde.debian.net
(stable/testing)?

Ben.

--

Ben Burton (benb@acm.org)
http://baasil.humbug.org.au/bab/

Director of Training
Australian Informatics Olympiad Committee

Pretty is never beautiful.
	- Tori Amos, Bay Area Musician, 3/11/97