List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kformula: add an arrow
From:       Ulrich Kuettler <ulrich.kuettler () mailbox ! tu-dresden ! de>
Date:       2001-04-27 16:29:43

On Friday 27 April 2001 13:13, Yann Collete wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to add an arrow over a vector using
> kformula ?
> I use koffice-1.1beta with Kde-2.1.1.
> I want to add this formula in kpresenter.

So I guess you use the kformula part.

It's possible but somewhat ugly at the moment. (You have been warned.) Just
do:

- Mark your letter.
- Type Ctrl-U to get an index above the current mark.
  (Use Ctrl-L if you want to have an index below something.)
- Type 'rightarrow' (without quotes)
- press space

If you want to insert a lot of vectors you might want to use copy&paste to
produce the arrows.

But wait, somebody seems to have turned off copy&paste for editing formulas
in kword. Or am I using an outdated version here?

Uli

PS: The currently recognized names are:

Greek letters

alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon, varepsilon, zeta, eta, theta, vartheta,
iota, kappa, lambda, mu, nu, xi, pi, varpi, rho, varrho, sigma, varsigma,
varsigma, tau, upsilon, phi, varphi, chi, psi, omega

Gamma, Delta, Theta, Lambda, Xi, Pi, Sigma, Upsilon, Phi, Psi, Omega

And some other nice symbols

rightarrow, leftarrow, uparrow, downarrow, leftrightarrow, Rightarrow,
Leftarrow, Uparrow, Downarrow, Leftrightarrow

leq, geq, neq, approx, equiv, cong, perp, subset, subseteq, supset, supseteq,
in, ni, oplus, otimes, cap, cup, div, times, propto, bullet, circ, pm

infty, wp, aleph, Im, Re, ldots, partial, clubsuit, diamondsuit, heartsuit,
spadesuit, exists, forall, angle, nabla, neg, vee, wedge, Diamond

But you need a working symbol font for each of them.