List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: error starting kword
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-04-20 15:50:13

On Friday 20 April 2001 15:59, Michael Soulier wrote:
>     Thanks.
>
> [msoulier@pmerd071 msoulier]$ sh check_koffice_install.sh
> Found: /usr/share/applnk/Office/kword.desktop... ok, this is a KOfficePart
> Native mimetype : X-KDE-NativeMimeType=application/x-kword
>
> Service Types dir /home/msoulier/.kde/share/servicetypes/
> Service Types dir /usr/share/servicetypes/
> Found /usr/share/servicetypes/kofficepart.desktop
> [PropertyDef::X-KDE-NativeMimeType]
>
> Everything looks ok

Yup.

>     Strange, now when I load it, it gets further but dies again.

Very strange indeed, I can't believe the script changes anything, it only
checks the existing files and setup.
Something else must have changed - or maybe you simply
restarted KDE, which ran kbuildsycoca.

> [msoulier@pmerd071 msoulier]$ kword
> QObject::connect: No such signal KCommandHistory::documentRestored()
> QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'unnamed')
> QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'Document')

That's normal with kdelibs-2.1. Should have #ifdefed it :)

> KWDocument::loadXML
> KWDocument::updateAllFrames
Oh... so now it really starts up, it crashes somewhere in the actual code....

> KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
> KCrash: Application Name = kword path = <unknown>
:(
Does DrKonqi provide any useful backtrace ?
If not, try
ulimit -c unlimited
export KDE_DEBUG=1
kword
and if you get "core dumped", run
gdb kword core
and "bt" at the prompt.

Hmm, are you using kdelibs-2.1 or 2.1.1 ?
The KFontAction bug wasn't fixed in 2.1 I think. That's important
to know: if koffice-1.1 doesn't work with kdelibs-2.1 (as opposed to
2.1.1), I'll need to put that in the announcement....