List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Patch for KPresenter (Presentation Time)
From:       Toshitaka Fujioka <toshitaka () kde ! gr ! jp>
Date:       2001-04-20 10:58:25

On Friday 20 April 2001 02:18, Werner Trobin wrote:
> Toshitaka Fujioka wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Patch was completed. (CVS of 13/04)
> > Screen shot
> > http://www.kde.gr.jp/~toshitaka/Kde/KOffice/KPresenter/kpresenter_newfeat
> >ure.png
>
> Sorry to write that late in the development "cycle", but I
> don't think that it's a good idea to add that feature. Every
> user can use the clock on his panel (or a watch) to time
> presentations... we even have a utility to do that in KDE.
> Having a statusbar just for that... hmmm
>
> I apologize for being the "bad guy" and I hope I can keep
> people from doing work which won't go into CVS next time.
>
> Werner, deeply regretting that he was not brave enough to
> write that mail earlier... :}

Please don't mind. ;-)
Even if there is not this feature (It is convenient), I'm not troubled. :-)
This became the study of Qt/KDE programming.

By the way, I sent a XIM patch to you on April 8.
# I sent mail of write access wish to koffice-devel@master.kde.org
# to David Faure(dfaure@kde.org).
Did these mail reach you?

Thank you.