List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice frozen for KOffice 1.1 Beta 1
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-14 3:45:05

On Friday 13 April 2001 18:42, rbe wrote:
> > anthing better tweaks the most popular commercial office suite
> > -- the only office suite that has actually been able to make a
> > paperclip into a security exploit.
>
> What about a "K" in a seashell?

I don't think that anyone will assoicate a seashell with their "office
shell". Although these two things happen to use the same word, I don't think
they share anything beyond that. That usually shows when you translate the
terms to antoher language.

I must say that I wouldn't know how to translate "office shell" to dutch. But
"kantoor schelp" sounds ridiculous *) **)

*) i18n(office) == kantoor,  i18n(seashell") == schelp

**) I also think "tintenstrahldrucker" is a stupid word, yet that one seems
to be in common use.

Cheers,
Waldo
--