List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: new filter added and notice regarding laws in your respective countries
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-11 9:17:35

On Wednesday 11 April 2001 05:05, David Faure wrote:

> >    Those were my exact questions too.  However, would it not make sense
> > to put the UI portions in a plugin?
>
> A plugin in the KParts sense is usually a menu item that triggers
> something. That would be useful in your case if you have a complex crypto
> dialog for all sort of options.

  Nah this is all simple transparent stuff.  The only thing that could change
in the future is perhaps the ability to choose cipher.  That's nothing I'm
planning to do in the near future though.  It would just as easily be set in
the kcontrol module anyways.

> > Or where should they go?  Basically the UI
> > portions are just "Enter the password: ....    Confirm password: ....",
> > "Encryption failed.",   "Enter old password: ...  Enter new password: ...
> > " and perhaps one or two other error messages.  Nothing too much, but can
> > these go directly in the filter?
>
> Those would be simple dialog boxes popped up by the filter. That's no
> problem. For instance the CSV filter pops up a dialog box to ask for the
> kind of separator (if used from the cmdline, i.e. the file dialog wasn't
> used).
>
> So for the passwords the easy solution would be a dialog box popped up from
> the filter, and on top of that a nice addition would be a kfiledialog
> "preview widget" to have it embedded in the dialog when loading/saving as
> well. Try importing a CSV file into kspread to see what I mean ;-)

   Ok that sounds good to me.  I shall do my best!

--

George Staikos