List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Koffice?
From:       "Chris Howells" <chrish () gmx ! co ! uk>
Date:       2000-04-04 9:13:43

> From: rbe <rbe@flash.net>
http://ftp.sourceforge.net/pub/mirrors/kde/stable/2.1.1/distribution/rpm/Cal
dera/eDesktop24/RPMS/

> I came, I saw, I downloaded last week, installed and I'm pleased
> with everything except the fact that no upgrades for koffice are
> included.  Certainly no KWord.  Sigh!

That's due to the fact that *only* KOffice 1.0 has been released. If you
look at http://www.koffice.org you'll see that there is a link to the
KOffice 1.1 release schedule there -- please see that for further details.

If you wish to run a newer version, then you must run a development
snaphshot or from CVS.

BTW, to anybody developers: I've seen quite a few people confused with the
version numbers of KOffice (e.g. koffice-2.0.1.rpm, etc.). Would it be
possible to somehow make it less confusing -- perhaps bump the version
number up to 2?

Cheers,
--
Chris Howells