List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Will KDE3 end work on Koffice?
From:       rbe <rbe () flash ! net>
Date:       2001-04-03 2:50:59

On Tuesday 03 April 2001 14:48, Salvatore "Eric" Indiogine wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I love KOffice!  It has great potential.  I would use it all
> the time if I could figure out the problem with printing.   I
> can use TimesNewRoman as a font in the documents, however when
> I print it comes out with an ugly font.
>
> I did some RTFM and found out that the problem is with
> Ghostscript.   I tried to follow the instructions, but the
> file names I found on my computer (Mandrake 7.2) were
> different and I could not clearly understand what to do.
>
> I did not want to mess up Ghostscript, so I left it alone and
> I am still using StarOffice 5.2 which is OK, but not KOffice.
>
> I wish the KOffice great success and I am willing to support
> it by popularizing it as much as I can.  I need to figure out
> how to solve the printing problem though.
>
> Thanks for any help/clarification.

I would love to be able to use koffice -- well, particularly,
KWord.  I upgraded qt and KDE2.1 (which did not have an upgraded
koffice) and KWord now crashes so regularly that the KDE text
editor must come out as superior (I use SO 5.2 if I want to do
anything serious).  Questions to help straighten out the mess go
unanswered.  The KOffice site contains no upgrades since the
pre-Beta 1 version which has been the only one I have been able
to find for Caldera.

In general, the hype sounds wonderful.  The CVS version sounds
one heck of a lot better than what I've got on my desktop, but I
would give my eyeteeth for a useful version of koffice -- stable
and not development and configurable under Caldera.

Ah, well.  I have asked for several months and no one seems to
be able to point me to any site at all (the koffice site has
almost no leads to help me with the problem except for a pointer
to a caldera site that has NO koffice rpm's, at all).

If anyone has any suggestions or help, I'd love to know, as the
concepts seem really wonderful and I'd love to give them a try.

- --
Black Eagle
For Herbs, Incense, Oils and other useful supplies, see
http://www.desertsilver.com
Help Yourself: http://www.hamr.com
Email envelopes: use PGP or GnuPG