List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kformula in 1.1
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-03-27 14:41:04

On Tuesday 27 March 2001 14:25, Ulrich Kuettler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> according to koffice.org kformula is no longer a separate program and won't
> be included in KOffice 1.1. What's the reason for this? Isn't it a good idea
> to provide an application (part) that uses the kformula library?

Don't believe the website.
You're the developer, you're the one who decides, not the website :-)

Feel free to add anything to the website (CVS, www/koffice), or to
convince Chris Howells to do it for you :)

> BTW: I'm working at both the lib and the part and would like to see them
> included.

Sure. And it's true that since the part exists, the separate app
around it is very easy to do (just a desktop file or so :)

In my experience, integration with a word processor is much more
useful for the user though. (Except for testing purposes, I mean).
We have to restart thinking about how to integrate it in KWord :)

> For a current screenshot take a look at
> http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~uk327083/kformula.png

Looks good :-)