List:       koffice
Subject:    Fwd:
From:       Jost Schenck <uzsnty () uni-bonn ! de>
Date:       2001-01-18 18:56:07

I forwarded your message to the KOffice-list as I don't know much about those
font things.
-Jost.

Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 18:20:51 +0200
From: "Krasi Grozdanov" <kgz@abv.bg>
To: <koffice-admin@max.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de>

I use bulgarian fonts with CP 1251 encoding (also cyrillic),
but I made a fonts.alias file in the cyrillic font
directory. There I descrybed all font with CP 1251 encoding
as iso-8859-1 fonts (for example -adobe-times-*-*..-cp1251
is -cyrhack-times-*...-iso-8859-1). This works for some word
documents, but not all. However, KWord doesn't use any fonts
other than iso-8859-1 with my system, probably this is a
bug? You can find on the Internet information how to setup
your cyrillic font and hack some applications understand
cyrillic letters. I have similar experience with Konqueror
- it doesn't display some parts of web pages in cyrillic.
The problem in Star Office is the Unicode in Word documents
- Star Office most probably doesn't handle Unicode (or
handles it in strange way). Probably Unicode and code page
translations is also the problem in KWord.

http://www.bitex.com/new/1milion.html - ????? ?????? ? ??????? ???? ??

Jost Schenck
jost@schenck.de
uzsnty@uni-bonn.de

"Findse nich auch, dass das Fruehbucherprogramm der Deutschen Bahn *jegliche*
Spontaneitaet abtoetet?"
  (aufgeschnappt im ICE 842 auf der Fahrt von Berlin nach Bonn)