List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KDE web group?
From:       Thomas <zander () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2001-01-10 18:34:41

> ok you convinced me :)
> agreed
>
> We should really think about this..

I am the last to throw water on the fire, but would it be an idea to get the
design and preferably a designer before you start asking people to join?

If you ask people to join and you have nothing to show, people will just walk
away again, maybe permanent. This is the last thing you want.

IMOHO all the current KDE sites look like a technical person made them, and none
are good enough to be an example for all KDE websites. Therefor there is no loss
in creating a good website (please do koffice ;) without asking people what work
they have laying aroung.

At the risk of stepping on some toes, I believe the only thing that really lacks
is a designer; A good photoshop wizard. HTML knowledge is irrelevant, we got plenty
of that.

Please consider this before making any leaps.

I am the 'official' person responsible for www.koffice.org (just a name, could not
have done it without to many people to mention). I can say from experience that
creating _a_ website is one thing, creating a _good_ website is another.