List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KDE web group?
From:       Thomas <zander () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2001-01-09 22:23:18

> I would volunteer to organize things (creating a list and asking the various
> projects like kfm, kdevelop etc. if they are interested) but I am afraid that
> I am not the right person who can coordinate such a group since my knowledge
> of web design is very small.

This is the basic problem, what the koffice pages need (and all other kde websites, IMO
but the koffice are my main concern) is a good designer.

Creating HTML is something most of us can do, but I have seen no-one who can design
a good website that looks professional and 'sells' koffice.
I think that a good graphics web-design is very hard, and have seen many graphics
bureas fail trying.

If someone has a (girl)friend who is good in photoshop and knows what can and can not
be done in html, please give it a try!

As a kickstart I created a logo some time ago, it got a mixed-welcome; but feel free
to use it how you see fit.
  http://www.xs4all.nl/~zander/

After a design has been drawn I am sure some techincal people will be able to
convert that to a nice html website, maybe with all sorts of neat stuff like
javascript/database access etc.

In short I think we really need a creative person now.

No commision/group/whatever is going to fix that lack of talent.