List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: LaTeX export filter
From:       "Shaheed Haque" <shaheedhaque () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2000-12-26 23:29:10

Hi Michael,

>I think there's a probably a lot of good code in the filter area which
>could be reused in some way. At least every export filter has to
>parse some koffice application's XML. Wolf-Michael Bolle has a
>good start for Kword but the key will be documentation. As I said I
>think there is good code in the CVS but where and how do do you
>use it? The only case I've seen so far is the koFilter class although
>I haven't looked at the filter web page lately.

There is probably good scope for an intermediate export class like the one
you are doing for KWord for every app. Import is a bit trickier AFAICS in
that the sources of data are typically rather different, and an intermediate
layer could only loose data. If you have any ideas on this, I'm interested!

The one thought I have had recently is that we could consider standardising
*across* applications. For example, any app that stores formatted text, or
embeds a kpart could use similar XML. Similar arguments apply even to
dialogs (e.g. "search", "replace", "insert part" could all be common koffice
dialogs).

Shaheed