List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: LaTeX export filter
From:       "Michael Johnson" <mikej () xnet ! com>
Date:       2000-12-26 22:54:08

> >Most of the work I have done so far is along the lines of parsing
> >Kword XML so it is highly reusable for any other Kword export filter.
> >I will finish the generic work by making a Kword parsing class with
> >virtual functions. I hadn't mentioned that so far as I am lazy and I
> >thought you, Wolf-Michael (whose code I am copying) or someone
> >else might do it first. After I finish that we'll see what work needs to
> >be done.
>
> Reusable code: Even better!

I think there's a probably a lot of good code in the filter area which
could be reused in some way. At least every export filter has to
parse some koffice application's XML. Wolf-Michael Bolle has a
good start for Kword but the key will be documentation. As I said I
think there is good code in the CVS but where and how do do you
use it? The only case I've seen so far is the koFilter class although
I haven't looked at the filter web page lately.

Michael