List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: New Koffice-Filter WebPrototype WITH LINK - Sorry
From:       "Shaheed Haque" <shaheedhaque () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2000-12-17 22:50:11

Hi Enno,

[not sure if the last reply made it]

>Do we have a filter for MS PPT 97 Files (for killu. or kpres.??)

The MSOD filter is supposed to handle drawings in Word, Powerpoint and Excel
97. Note that Powerpoint *may* wrap drawings in some other crap for the
overall document. If you try it,look for plausible debug output because
drawing is not yet reliable :-(.

>Can the MS word, exel, ppt filter import  MS Office Files of Version 2000
>or
>MS Office 95 Files.

The word 97 filter can do 2000. It is supposed to do 95 as well, but I seem
to have broken formatting support for 95, and it is a low priority for me to
fix it.

Cannot speak for other apps.

Thanks, Shaheed