List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: *cry*
From:       John Califf <jcaliff () compuzone ! net>
Date:       2000-11-17 19:29:19

George Staikos wrote:

>   *sniffle*
>
>    Has anyone done any work on fixing some of the crashes in kword in general
> use?  (ie just typing)  I've had it crash three times on me tonight and lost
> very much work and time.  It generally works well, but sometimes it just
> crashes from normal typing...  (using 2.0 final)
>
>   sigh, back to work.....
>
> --
>
> George Staikos

Sob. If you would be more specific about what you were typing when the
crashes occurred it would help.  Were you starting new lines or
paragraphs, entering F keys or other special keys, etc.?   Were you
dealing with documents started from scratch, templates or imported
work?  Were you within nested frames?  Was work reloaded from previous
saves?  I'm not directly involved in KWord anymore but Thomas Zander and
Shaheed Haque would be able to provide insight or fixes, possibly, for
KWord crashes if they had specifics or can remember any pattern in the
crashes.

John