List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KWord tables totally broken?
From:       Wolf-Michael Bolle <Bolle () ID-PRO ! de>
Date:       2000-10-31 11:53:56

> > I'm attaching a small KWord file that contains four lines with "aaaa"=
s and
> > right through it a table with 5 columns and 7 rows. I wrote 'a's into=
 all
> > cells of the top row and the left column.
>
> Told you that had problems...
>
> It opens perfectly, only problem is that the rendering does not positio=
n the
> text (4 lines of 'a') is not run around the table immidiately. Causing =
the
> table to be invisible (another frame is drawn over it)
>
> This problem won't go away until you move the table a bit. (and back)
>
> But again, no crashes.
>
> > I'm using the KDE2 rpms from SuSE.
> >
> > I'm curious about what you will find in my little file. It's got to b=
> > either a problem with the file saver or the file loader
>
> Hmm, KWord needs lot of work on the usability part ;)
> Got time ??

It seems got a lot further than I do. When I load the document the table =
is
somewhere above the top of the text frame ... Does your personal version =
of
KWord have a fix in the loader that my SuSE version doesn't have?

Yes, it really seems that some work needs to be put into this. If I have =
time?
I'll forward that to my boss ...

--
Wolf-Michael Bolle <Bolle@ID-PRO.de> (Products & Development)
* ID-PRO Deutschland GmbH * G.-Heinemann-Ring 135 * D-81739 M=FCnchen