List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: koffice/kspread/extensions
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-10-15 13:33:04

Hi Bernd,

There is a huge communication problem here :-)
The mail you received wasn't from me, but from Laurent Montel,
who takes care of kspread currently.

On Dimanche 15 Octobre 2000 13:25, Bernd Johannes Wuebben wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I thought KDE 2.0 was tagged and what I see is the development
>branch. My modificatons are trivial. No need to worry about
>them but a spreadsheet without rand() is really not very useful.

2.0 is not tagged yet (should be tomorrow or so).

About rand, I don't know, I'll let Laurent decide on that.

>Just undo the commit if you mistrust it.

I think the matter at hand is translations, not mistrust about the coding.

>CVS by wuebben wrote:
>
>>If you want used Excel, used Wine+Excel.
>>We implement very important functions on kspread, but I know that there is
>>missing function, but it's not the moment to modify kspread.
>
>There are things the does Excel very right. David, I can't believe
>I get a response like that from you.

Wasn't from me.
I forwarded you the mail, because I knew you were not reading kde-cvs.

>I could just as well say: If you want a GUI use Windows!
>Good things need to be emulated and developed further.
>It doesn't make any sense to come up with
>different but inferior solutions.

Let's drop this topic, it goes nowhere.

I think the point here is : please make sure that committing is allowed before
doing so. If you don't know if the current policy is "sending patches to mailing-list"
or "development branch, everyone can commit", better assume the former.

Thanks.

http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/