List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Fwd: RE: koffice translations!!!
From:       weis <weis () stud ! uni-frankfurt ! de>
Date:       2000-09-28 11:52:44

Hi,

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Thomas Diehl wrote:

> ==================BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE==================
> >From: =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Tinkl_Luk=E1=B9?= <Lukas.Tinkl@merlin.cz>
> >To: "'kde-i18n-doc@master.kde.org'" <kde-i18n-doc@master.kde.org>
> >Subject: RE: koffice translations!!!
> >Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 14:14:37 +0200
>
> > "Erik K. Pedersen" wrote:
> > >
> > > I did the translations yesterday. I know I have translated
> > these before. Have
> > > they been in kspread before, then taken out and put back
> > in? Hyperbolic tangent
> > > does not appear in any other po-file, but I know I have
> > translated that before.
> > Yes, they were in kspread before. But one message per function, now we
> > have about 6
> > messages per function.
>
> No, I must disagree - it's not only about splitting lines.
> Right now, I'm translating kspread.po and I'm really shocked why Torben had

Then take a calculator and you will see why I changed the numbers.
Whoever wrote the docu trusted the kspread math which was wrong.

> to change the functions' examples too. Sometimes, the example values
changed
> and even several completely new strings were added. Moreover, I had to
> correct each and every function, because kspread now uses a colon as
> parameter separator and respects the locale. So I had to translate all of
> them according to our locale, including the thousands and decimal separator.
> :-((

So you would have liked it more that we ship a kspread that can not
understand localized numbers but puts less load on the translation ?

> And what about this string:
> #: xml_doc.cc:451
> msgid "Fix me, I am a hack"
> msgstr ""
>
> Should we really translate such stupid messages???

No. Look in the method or find out who added it, write docu
and commit it.

If you think that bashing on me makes it easier for you then
go ahead. I can pretty good ignore it.

However, this is an open source project. And if you think that
I ship an application from which I know that it is buggy in
the math engine just because someone from caldera set a time
schedule then you are wrong. I am sorry for the extra load
on the translators. But I had no time before to make these fixes
before and nobody else did them.

Bye
Torben