List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kword - Good and Bad News
From:       "Shaheed Haque" <shaheedhaque () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2000-09-25 9:35:26

John,

I agree with pretty much all you say on the subject of Kword.

Now, to put a little flesh on the hints that Thomas gave, there is work in
Troll-land to develop a powerful RIch Text editing facility. This is slated
for a future release of Qt, and an early incorporation into KWord. At that
point, all (most, anyway) of the low level stuff will disappear from Kword.
All KWord will have to do is manage stuff at the Frameset/Frame level etc.

Now, just in case you were, you should not feel excluded from the
discussions...all this was just put on the table to Thomas and me in the
last day or so. We all appreciate the work you (and other like you) put in,
and we will do our best to carry the corpus of developers forward with us.

KWord has suffered from a lack of attention for some time...as the new
developers (like me, Thomas, you) come on stream and learn more about it,
I'm sure it will become more "open".

THanks, Shaheed