List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Page Scrolling by Paper Size Patch submitted
From:       John Califf <jcaliff () usit ! net>
Date:       2000-09-22 12:49:57

Thomas wrote:

> Applied thanx.
>
> Could you look if it would be possible to go to the start of the line
> if you are at the start of the text in the first frame. Right now I have
> to press page-up till I get to the top and press left to select the rest..
>
> Same with end-of-text.
>
> Thanx again!
> --
> Thomas Zander                                            zander@earthling.net
> The only thing worse than failure is the fear of trying something new

I don't understand.  Right now Control-PageUp and Control-PageDown just
scrolls the view and doesn't move the cursor or select any text.  You
have to click with the mouse to set the cursor. Plain old PageUp and
PageDown is different and first moves the cursor one viewport height
within a frame and then scrolls to its position vertically, and will
select all text in between the old and new cursor locations if you have
the Shift key down, all the way to the beginning of the next screen
height or to the end of the text on last page.  But not in an empty are
as it's impossible to move to empty areas with the cursor or mouse click
anyway.

Also, if your are selecting text with either Shift - PageUp or PageDown
or Shift - ArrowKeys, you can continue the selection instantaneously to
start of current line or end of current line with Home and End, while
keeping Shift down. No need to use arrows one character at a time for
that. This has worked for some time and has nothing to do with changes
I've made.  It could get blocked by situations in which there are nested
frames in between and I'll look into that.

I have the code to set the cursor after scrolling by page or paper size
commented out right now, vmrEdit(xloc, yloc), etc., but I'll uncomment
that and test it today or tonite. There could be complications which is
why I haven't implemented that yet. Additional code may be needed to
deselect what was previously selected (as in a mouse click to a new
location). It would be better to set the cursor at the top left of the
page scrolled to after releasing the Control key, so that the user
doesn't have to click with mouse.

Always eager to please, just need clarification!

Thomas and Shaheed - are both of you working from the same location? I
get that feeling but this makes no sense as Thomas is from Netherlands
and Shaheed as well? I live in the SE United States (South Carolina).
My guess is that you are both currently living in England.  Is that
correct?  You are very lucky to have people you can talk with every day
in working on this kind of project!