List:       koffice
Subject:    Suggestion for new koffice component
From:       "Wolfgang Schreiter" <wolfgang () schreiter ! at>
Date:       2000-09-16 13:53:21

Hi,

while playing around with Linux/KDE I hit upon the koffice site (didn't know about \
this effort). Now here's my suggestion for a component (not really original ;-): a \
Visio (now MS-something)-like tool to create diagrams consisting of shapes, typically \
nodes and arcs, as used in various disciplines (e.g. software and network \
engineering). I find Visio quite useful and participated in a similar effort at IBM \
years ago (OS/2 PM and MS Windows based). At the time - long before Visio - we had a \
shape compiler and interactive design tool and a fully programmable runtime \
(originally intended as CASE-tool front-end) - and even sold a few copies!. A pity \
IBM never really understood the desktop...

Unfortunately, my programming skills are a bit rusty nowadays, and my vacation will \
soon be over, so doing it myself would take ages (much as I'd like to...).

Kind regards and good luck
Wolfgang Schreiter