List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: The real KASH
From:       Shawn Gordon <shawn-gordon () home ! com>
Date:       2000-08-25 15:09:34

Thomas Capricelli wrote:

> >It's not up on a web page, but I would be happy to email a screenshot to
> >anyone that is curious.  It is being written for KDE at the moment, but we
> >will be supporting a variety of window managers.
>
>         Oh. I AM intersted in the screenshot. And I guess I'm not the only one,
>         you'd better put it on an 'unofficial' place somewhere on the net...

I had a dozen requests in 5 minutes :).  I've sent it to everyone that
asked, but you probably won't see it in a public place for another month
I think.  For the time being I've put a few up at my other company site
hidden, here are a couple of urls you can look at:

http://www.smga3000.com/gk1.png
http://www.smga3000.com/gk2.png

The only thing I ask is that you send me a pirvate message and let me
know what you think, and also, don't spread it beyond this list :).

>         Your 'kash'-like will be a commercial product, won't it ?

Yes, but it's open source.  The idea with this, like many other open
source projects that need to make money is that you are selling the
services and convenience.  things like online banking, the box with the
easily installable software, the manual, all that fun stuff.  The
packaging hasn't been finalized yet or any of the other little details
:).

>         TheKompany seems to do a lot of interesting 'things' in the background.
>         Congratulations :-)

Thanks - we do have our initial product PowerPlant, which we would love
everyone to go out and buy, or buy from us, it helps us continue working
:).  Some of what we do is commercial like PowerPlant, some of what we
do is for the community like VeePee.  You will start to hear us talk
more openly about our projects as they actually become available, we
really dislike pre-announcing things if there isn't at least something
available to try.  You should start seeing more from us in the next
month.