List:       koffice
Subject:    /icons/?
From:       Werner Trobin <wtrobin () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-07-23 10:00:23

Hi!

Can someone please tell me what happened to our funky
"icons" directory? All normal apps I've seen find their
toolbar icons (kmail, konquerer,...) but all KOffice
apps fail.

I looked in $KDEDIR/share/apps and found out that most
of the "normal" apps put all their icons into pics, but
all KOffice apps create a weird directory structure
(.../share/apps/kword/icons/hicolor/22x22/actions/ :) )
The reason for that is, that they simply use
KDE_ICON=AUTO in the Makefile.am and name the icons
hi22-action-blah.png and so on.

Konqueror, for example, uses KDE_ICON only for the app
icons and installs all the toolbar icons "by hand" to
../share/apps/konqueror/pics.

This already worked for me, so I don't know if I am
guilty, or if the recent changes to the icon loader
are.

Werner, slightly confused