List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: What will happen when... (KOffice)
From:       "Royce Smallbone" <smallbone () royce ! net>
Date:       2000-06-28 12:31:34

> > - Will I have the possibility to choose between the things mentioned
> > above?
> That's what we are thinking of doing...
>
> But it means that when saving the KWord document, the spreadsheet
> isn't saved as part of that document. Read earlier posts (
> http://lists.kde.org if you were not subscribed) for the advantages
> and disadvantages of that... :)

Could you not have three options,

1. Link to file (the object is not stored in the kwd file)
2. Copy of file (a copy of the object is stored in the kwd file)
3. Linked Copy of file (a copy of the object is stored in the file and when
you
open the kwd file you are asked whether you would like to update the
objects)

Royce
A very happy KDE / KOffice user