List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Problem with Kword inserting pictures
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-06-27 19:49:17

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, David Faure wrote:

> > >That's how I implemented it, but doesn't work like that anymore. Will
> > > have a look.
> >
> > Please consider leaving the picture external. Meaning not inside the
> > kword file, just storing a pathname to the picture. This should be an
> > option on import..
>
> And then you put your kword file on a floppy or on an FTP server for
> somebody else.... which won't be able to see it. Is that wise ?

It should be an "option". Some people prefer to keep it seperate. Together
perhaps with an "export" option that takes all external pictures and includes
them. Quark express does it like that. (It also has an option to check
whether all external images are still available)

(Quark is by far the best publishing program currently available.)

Cheers,
Waldo
--
Make way, KDE/Linux is coming to a desktop near you!