List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Problem with Kword inserting pictures
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2000-06-27 8:07:06

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, C Y wrote:
> Has anyone else had trouble inserting pictures into a Kword document?  So
> far I have encountered the following two issues:
>
> When I attempt to insert the picture, my mouse pointer is relocated toward
> the lower right corner of the screen - i.e., no longer in the Kword
> document.  The picture is inserted, but because of this relocation it is
> usually a lot smaller than I would wish.

Well, it works like that: You choose a pic, press somewhere and the mouse
then jumps to a point so that the insert-rect has the original size of the
pixmap. So if you press and release the pixmap is inserted in original size.
Well, seems to be not very intuitive :-), I'll rather change it so that if
you have a rect smaller than 5, 5 or so that the original size is used, else
your choosen one.

> Second, when I try to expand it to normal size after the initial insert,
> the detail in the picture has been lost.  Is this how Kword is supposed to
> behave, or is there a bug?  I would really recommend what is think is
> normal behavior on word processors - keep the full resolution that was
> originally in the image until the time comes to print.  It is really bad to
> resize the picture and have it not work.

That's how I implemented it, but doesn't work like that anymore. Will have a
look.

--
Reggie (reggie@trolltech.com)