List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KWord development
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-05-22 12:57:41

On Mon, May 22, 2000 at 06:59:54AM -0700, Shawn Gordon wrote:
> I've used Word Pro on Windoze for years because of it's ability import
> and export so many formats.  I'm just looking at
> http://www.lotus.com/home.nsf/welcome/wordpro and I see there is an
> updated to the filters.  I don't know if there is any way to reverse
> engineer the code or not, but maybe I'll start looking around a bit.

Except for Word Pro, no need to reverse engineer the Lotus
file formats, they have written to us to give us the specification
of their file formats ;-). If I ever get that full time job, I'll take
care of the Lotus 1-2-3 filter for KSpread :).
But IIRC the format for Word Pro isn't available for some unsaid reason
(is that right, Werner?) so I guess it doesn't help you much :(

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org