List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KWord development
From:       Shawn Gordon <shawn-gordon () home ! com>
Date:       2000-05-22 13:59:54

Werner Trobin wrote:

> Shawn Gordon wrote:
> >
> > Werner Trobin wrote:

> > > Great! BTW: If you need information on filter programming, please have a
> > > look at http://www.koffice.org/filters/tutorial.html and/or ask me...
> > >
> > > --
> > > Werner Trobin - wtrobin@mandrakesoft.com
> >
> > Filters are a huge issue obviously, so I'm sure you will hear a lot from
> > us.
>
> Looking forward :)
>
> > I'm just curious if anyone ever tried to get ahold of the Lotus
> > filters.  They seem to be able to read and write virtually every format
> > on the planet.
>
> I don't think that anyone tried that. Any URL available, where I can
> have a look whether that could work?

I've used Word Pro on Windoze for years because of it's ability import
and export so many formats.  I'm just looking at
http://www.lotus.com/home.nsf/welcome/wordpro and I see there is an
updated to the filters.  I don't know if there is any way to reverse
engineer the code or not, but maybe I'll start looking around a bit.

> --
> Werner Trobin - wtrobin@mandrakesoft.com
Shawn