List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: How to include CorelDraw pictures? (Was: How stable is kpresenter?)
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-05-19 11:17:17

On Fri, May 19, 2000 at 11:55:15AM +0200, Martin Pauly wrote:
> Martin Pauly wrote:
> > > How is it done -- I guess we just call GS to display included
> > > EPS pictures, just like kdvi does, e.g.
>
> David faure replied:
> > Nope, we have a library (kimgio) that handles this.
> > Try again, look at the debug output, and report bugs.
> > I think the EPS support hasn't been much tested lately :)
> Hey, you're really fast :)), here we go:
> KImageIO: readImage() format = EPS
> couldn't dlopen kimg_eps.la (file not found)
> KImageIO: readImage() format = EPS
> couldn't dlopen kimg_eps.la (file not found)

Ok, I just tested loading EPS, and I had to fix some bugs
in eps.kimgio, so that it would detect the file as an EPS one
(I'm very surprised that _that_ worked for you).
The loading of kimg_eps then works, but I get crashes in the PS interpreter
(not sure I'm loading valid EPS files anyway ;-)

Please: update kdelibs/kimgio, make install, and try again.
(If you don't have cvsup/anoncvs I can send you the .kimgio file)

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org