List:       koffice
Subject:    Error trying to save in any koffice application.
From:       William Braun <braun () aracnet ! com>
Date:       2000-04-20 6:53:52

I have installed the following packages from ftp.nebsllc.com/kde2/current:

qt2-2.1.0-4mdk.i586.rpm
kdeall-20000418-1.i586.rpm

I also tried the appropriate packages from redhat and even compiled them
myself. But every attempt to save a file in any koffice application killed the
application and didn't save the file. Is this a problem with the alpha binaries
or (more likely) am I doing something wrong?

Here is the output from running kword from within an xterm:

$ /opt/kde2/bin/kword
iconloader (kdelibs): Theme tree: (KDE-LoColor-kword: (KDE-HiColor: (KDE-LoColor
)))
QGList::locate: Index 0 out of range
QGList::locate: Index 0 out of range
koffice (lib kofficecore): KoFilterEntry::query( Export == 'application/x-kword'
, <ignored> )
koffice (lib kofficecore): Query returned 3 offers

koffice (lib kofficecore): KoDocument::loadNativeFormat( /opt/kde2/share/apps/kw
ord/templates/Wordprocessing/PlainText.kwt )
koffice (lib kofficecore): KoDocument::load( istream& in, KoStore* _store )
koffice (lib kofficecore): PATTERN2=<?xm
iconloader (kdelibs): Theme tree: (KDE-LoColor-kword: (KDE-HiColor: (KDE-LoColor
)))
kparts: ReadWritePart::setModified( true)
kparts: No part made active although unnamed/KToolBarButton got event
iconloader (kdelibs): Application kword loads icon with extension.
iconloader (kdelibs): Application kword loads icon with extension.
iconloader (kdelibs): Application kword loads icon with extension.
kio (KMimeType): Mime Type finding for '/home/braun/test'
iconloader (kdelibs): Application kword loads icon with extension.
kurl (kdecore): ERROR: Error in parsing "Root Directory: /"
kio (Scheduler): Scheduler has now 1 jobs 0x81d8d58
koffice (lib kofficecore): KoFilterEntry::query( Import == 'application/x-kword'
, <ignored> )
koffice (lib kofficecore): Query returned 2 offers

koffice (lib kofficecore): KoFilterDialogEntry::query( Import == 'application/x-
kword', <ignored> )
koffice (lib kofficecore): Query returned 0 offers

kio (Scheduler): Scheduling job
kword: createSlave for file:/home/braun/
kword: ERROR: ERROR 4: couldn't create slave : can't talk to klauncher
kio (KIOJob): stat file:/home/braun/test
kio (Scheduler): Scheduler has now 2 jobs 0x81c4bc0
kio (Scheduler): Scheduling job
kword: createSlave for file:/home/braun/
kword: ERROR: ERROR 4: couldn't create slave : can't talk to klauncher
KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 0
Appname = 0x8076938 apppath = (nil)
kword: Unknown appname
kword: Unable to start dr. konqi

PS: If this is the wrong place to ask this, please point me to that appropriate
place.

-Bill