List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Negative review of koffice..
From:       Lotzi Boloni <boloni () cs ! purdue ! edu>
Date:       2000-04-18 15:15:51

> > right now, there are circumstances which cause one to go with abiword
> > instead. i know, because i've been using both. the determining factor
> > here, now, is that at 1280x1024, kword simply cannot be used and
> > abiword can. both are relatively stable. neither has the screen font
> > handling that the late, lamented maxwell had. i haven't looked at
>
> Please tell me why abiword is superiour to kword at 1280x1024.

  Martin, they are right in this. If you are using 10pt fonts, normal for
texts, the lack of zoom makes the text in kword almost invisible. You may
try to write your file with 18 point letters, then convert it back before
printing, etc, but it is certainly not usable as it is right now.

  I am certain that as the kdebase applications will be more or less
finished, there will be a larger emphasis on koffice and other packages
and all these problems will be fixed.

            Lotzi