List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Negative review of koffice..
From:       Martin Konold <konold () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       2000-04-18 9:11:59

On Sun, 16 Apr 2000 Alex@alpha.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de wrote:

> Now, I know that KOffice is still largely pre-beta code.  But is it
> really this far behind Gnome's offerings?  KWord was reasonably useable
> when I last used it.  KLyx was great back in the days of Qt 1.42..

I had a chance to take a glimpse at gnumeric (which is supposed to be on
of the more advance GNOME Office components) at the GNOME booth at the
Multimedia Market in Stuttgart last week.

To me it looked like GNUMERIC is FAR behind kspread. I neither can neither
scroll the canvas, print, display charts, embed other components nor
handle the menubar and toolbars correctly.

WE should not worry too much up to now. Of course we must imporve but
KOffice is the much more advanced technology and KOffice is much more
function already now!

YOurs,
 -- martin

// Martin Konold, Stauffenbergstr. 107, 72074 Tuebingen, Germany  //
KDE:  The most advanced GUI for a reliable OS.