List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: koffice20000321-1.i386.rpm : libksycoca.so.3 problem
From:       Keith Antoine <kantoine () eastwind ! com ! au>
Date:       2000-03-25 1:43:29

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Martin Herrman wrote:

> Hm.. doesn't sound easy at all :-) BTW, i'm using icewm as my window manager, only want
> to run some kde programs with it. But isn't kde2 compatible with the kde1? Or for
> example, isn't there a kpackage version available for kde2? Or won't kpackage work with
> kde2 when I compile the program myself? If that's the case I only have to install kde2
> which would be a lot easier for me.
>
> But If i have to install them both, is the easiest way to install kde1 first (with all
> the apps that run with kde1) and then compile kde2, put it in another directory and
> make two scripts /bin/kde1 and /bin/kde2 as mentioned in the above url?
>
> thanks a lot..
>
> Martin

Theres no compatibility with kde1 and 2, they use differing qt libraries u
should login as a different user so as not to compromise the kde1 files.
As for kpackage I have not got that far with kde2, but would assume that there
is a version for that. One cannot dial out with kde2 as yet and the backgrounds
do not work and the file ownerships are peculiar to say the least but as we say
its alpha.

--
Keith Antoine aka "Big RED or Skippy"
Step X Step site users.nf/linux :: Mirror www.eastwind.com.au