List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Looking for a niche
From:       John Zedlewski <zedlwski () Princeton ! EDU>
Date:       2000-03-20 17:14:47

I have a couple of suggestions for nonprogrammers:
 -User interface evaluation: What's good now?  What's bad?  What do
other office suites do better or worse?
 -Bug reports: Push the apps as hard as you can (huge documents, weird,
pathological cases, etc) and see what breaks, then write up a detailed
explanation of what happened and when.
 -Documentation: Can be tough when the app is in a constant state of
change, but you can always try.  If you don't feel comfortable trying to
do a survey of all the possible features, try writing a beginners'
tutorial.
 -Advocacy: Not just talking up the office suite, but also creating cool
screenshots, keeping the features lists on the KOffice web pages up to
date, and so on.
 -Feature requests: Much like a UI review, KOffice needs users to tell
the programmers what features/functions are needed.

Just some thoughts. . .
--JRZ