I have a couple of suggestions for nonprogrammers: -User interface evaluation: What's good now? What's bad? What do other office suites do better or worse? -Bug reports: Push the apps as hard as you can (huge documents, weird, pathological cases, etc) and see what breaks, then write up a detailed explanation of what happened and when. -Documentation: Can be tough when the app is in a constant state of change, but you can always try. If you don't feel comfortable trying to do a survey of all the possible features, try writing a beginners' tutorial. -Advocacy: Not just talking up the office suite, but also creating cool screenshots, keeping the features lists on the KOffice web pages up to date, and so on. -Feature requests: Much like a UI review, KOffice needs users to tell the programmers what features/functions are needed. Just some thoughts. . . --JRZ > I would like somehow to support KOffice, (need for a powerful > opensource office suite in Linux/KDE), so I signed up for this mailing > list. I'm not really a programmer (I try), but I could write docs, or > something. If I could do nothing else, what's the opensource > equivalent of making tea for everyone? > Thanks, > PhilRod