List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Japanese support in KWord
From:       Tomoyoshi ASANO <asa () use-net ! co ! jp>
Date:       2000-02-19 7:05:39

Hello all,

Sat, 19 Feb 2000、Derrick Moser wrote:
> Does KWord support Japanese text input?  I have kterm working with kinput2
> on my system but KWord doesn't seem to want to talk to kinput2.  How are
> others entering Japanese text?

The KWord of koffice-20000124 can handle Japanese character
using XIM with kinput2.
I can use KWord with kinput2.
# Attention: KWord is sometime gone with Japanese character.
But I think that it is not perfect because it does not support to control
cursor for on the spot.
If you can not XIM with kinput2 for japanese input, please check these.

1) Is wnn or canna server running for kinput2?
2) Is kinput2 running?
3) Is LANG setting?  (ex. LANG=ja_JP.eucJP, LANG=ja_JP.ujis)
4) Does your OS have locale data for Japanese? (see  /usr/share/locale)
5) Is XMODIFIERS setting ? (ex. XMODIFERS='@im=kinput2' )

Thanks,
Tomoyoshi