List:       koffice
Subject:    KPresenter: "Insert page number"
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       2000-02-12 21:42:13

Hi

While adding more "..." in KPresenter, I observed that the command "Insert
page number" exists in the text menu. I could find an excuse for this:
page number inserting can be done only in text objects.

But:

1) inserting commands should be in the "Insert" menu (I remember I was
searching the "insert page" thing some time ago, but I would have never
imagined it is in the "Text" menu)

2) this specific command should be activated only when the user is editing
a text region. If not in a text region or even if only merely having a
selected (but not during-editing) text object, the menu entry should be
disabled.

Now the question:

Reggie, can I proceed at changing this? I mean, moving it to the insert
menu and adding signals/slots to activate/deactivate it when sensible.

P.S. God, this "actions" concept is absolutely marvelous. Only for this
and all GUI programmers in the open source should flood to KDE :-)

Cristian Tibirna