List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kword Questions
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () troll ! no>
Date:       2000-01-25 9:19:33

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Mary Griffith wrote:
>Hi  All,
>
>	After working with Kword for a bit I find I have some questions:
>
>1. Is there a way to make inches the default for the ruler?

Right-click on the ruler and choose the unit of your choice.

>2. When adjusting the border width for paragraphs, how are the borders
>measured -- points, mms, or inches?

In the unit you have choosen.

>3. Under the Insert -->Variable -->Custom, what is meant by Custom Variable
>Name, and how does that work?

You can insert variables (give them a name). And in edit->variables or
something like that you can edit the contents of the variables, which is
displayed in the document then.

>4. Under the Insert -->Variable -->Serial Letter, is the referent a kind of
>mail merge, and how does that work?

I don't understand. You can edit the serial letter "database" in edit->serial
letter or something similar, and insert just the fields in the document using
insert->blablabla

>5. How do you generate different Templates? Styles?

There is a menu point for that - I think I put it in the extra menu,

--
Reggie